Please send correspondence, queries or comments
Information (including contact details and/or links to a web page) for folk dance clubs in and around
Bedford, England, UK are given in the Clubs & programmes section of this
Other relevant web sites
Links to a number of other web sites have arisen elsewhere on this site, but some further resources worth noting are:
- English Folk Dance and Song Society (EFDSS)
- The "Full English" archive
collections and the collections in the Vaughan Williams Memorial Library at Cecil Sharp House, London
- The Dancing Master, 1651-1728:
An Illustrated Compendium
- Antony Heywood's Country Dance Database
which contains over 17,000 entries.
- Cambridge folk dance
- Elements of English Country Dance
explains the meaning of the terms used in descriptions of English & American folk dances.
Country Dance Manual, by Village Green English Country Dancers (Winnipeg, Canada), gives an extremely detailed account of dance forms, movements, steps & figures.
In a few cases the terminology differs from that usually employed in England.
- A database of over 1000 traditional
British related folk dance tunes.
- The Traditional Music Library.
- Thomas Green's Barn Dance Repertoire
- English/American dancing -
- CDSS Online Library
by the Country Dance & Song Society in the USA. This includes collections of dances written &/or interpreted by
Ken Sheffield, and others.
- Dance Video Archives has links to videos of Contra
dances, English Country Dances (i.e. Playford), Morris, and Square dances together with instructions
for each dance.
- Dance and music resources by The Round, which is
Cambridge University's English Country Dance Society. This includes explanation and transcription
(where copyright allows) of most of Cecil Sharp's "The
Country Dance Book".
- A web site for Pat Shaw
- Bedford Early Dance and Music organises historical
dance workshops in Bedford.
- Restoration of 78rpm records by Roger Wilmut
and last, but definitely not least...
- Colin Hume's web site